Thursday, September 20, 2012

No Distractions, Only Peace

Since I have embarked on my inner journey, eliminating distractions has become necessary. There is no longer a need for me to watch the television, listen to the radio, or give my attention to any other diversions in the media. None of these external mechanisms have ever brought me peace. They have only served to perpetuate fear, violence, sex, and greed. I have never felt spiritually uplifted after engaging with these media sources. To the contrary, my energy was drained in interactions that were ultimately meaningless. When I gave my energy to television or mainstream music, although I may have been entertained temporarily, I was still left empty inside, as if I had wasted valuable time. To counteract these psychological attacks, I simply refused to give the media anymore of my energy. I realized that what you give your energy to expands, and by giving my energy to the media, I allowed their images and messages to expand into my reality. Once I let go of these external forms of entertainment, they disappeared from my existence.
I am now able to sit in silence and navigate the oceans of my Inner Self. There I find peace, and the calmness overcomes my being. I feel connected to all things in my environment, and I feel that we are all One. In this altered state of consciousness, there is no division based on race, gender, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation. I can see the humanity in every person, and I can also see the Spirit that permeates through their physical bodies. There is no need for judgment because we are all One Consciousness moving in the same direction, evolving to greater heights. We are aspects of one another, interconnected through Spirit, but manifesting our own independent realities. Our individual efforts towards creating lives of meaning will assist in elevating Collective Consciousness from the lower realm of fear, tension, and chaos to one of harmony and positive energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment